Sunday, September 6, 2026

Weeks of 4/27/26 and 5/4/26 - 5th and last rotation with UTK, K and 1st grades

 Last rotation with UTK, kinders and first graders!

UTK students created digital art on iPads after I read the story "Harold and The Purple Crayon" by Crockett Johnson. Students used the Freeform app on iPads, a tool and color of their choice to draw what they might see if they went on a walk like Harold in the story. I did not a chance to take photos and remember them being amazing!

Kinders and 1st graders created a flower after I read them the book "The Tiny Seed" by Eric Carle. The story is interesting and the illustrations are incredible! Students received a long piece of posterboard, a change from the usual 9"X12" paper we typically use. I gave each student a circular lid to trace the center of the flower with pencil, draw large petals and then the stem and leaves. It is interesting to see how students use this new space on paper! Some students drew tiny petals, and I encouraged them to go BIG! They then traced the pencil lines with gold markers and used color pencils to color the different parts and add details!


Kinders and 1st graders also created digital art on iPads. I read the book "In my Heart" book by Jo Witek to kinders that beautifully explores associating different colors with different emotions. Each student drew a heart using the Freeform app and a variety of tools and used colors they felt explained how their heart was feeling.



I read the book "Cupcake" by Charise Mericle Harper to 1st graders. After listening to the story, students used the Freeform app on iPads to design a front cover for this book using the various tools available.







No comments:

Post a Comment

1st week of the 2026-27 school year

The 2026-27 school year is here! It is always so great to see staff, get the classroom ready and plan lessons during our prep days. We start...