UTK students created artwork inspired by Wassily Kandinsky. We looked at several examples of his work, discussed how he layered several colors in a circular shape incorporating repetition. I gave each student a 12-inch cardstock and 4 5-inch squares. Students glued them on the paper and then used other 5-inch squares, trimmed them so they would fit inside the original square and repeated this process until there were 4 squares glued on top of each other on 4 corners of the paper.
1st graders created mobiles inspired by the mobiles of Alexander Calder! This is my first year implementing this lesson and I am so happy with the results! During the first class I read the book, "Sandy's Circus" by Tanya Lee Stone. It gave students an insight into his life, inspiration and works! Students created 4 organic shapes on a 9"X12" piece of construction paper and add 2 layers inside each shape in different colors.
During the next class they cut out their 4 shapes. I also had a 6-inch cardboard piece with 1 hole in each corner for each student. I showed each student how to insert a 12-inch pipe cleaner in each hole, twist it, add 4 beads and insert and twist their shape. They also added a 24-inch pipe cleaner into 2 diagonal holes so their mobiles can be hung.



No comments:
Post a Comment