Sunday, June 23, 2024

Weeks of 5/27/24 and 6/1/24

 I am San Diego project

4th and 5th graders returned for their last rotation - our VAPA resource teacher for visual art Cat Phillips came to  my class to introduce the I am San Diego lesson which will be installed in 30 bus stops around the city from various schools in our district.

Students first wrote 5 things that makes San Diego feel like home to them. They then added lines to using Google drawing, created patterns, movement using a variety of lines varying in thickness and added drawings of things they wrote in their list. Here is a video and photos of student works!






 UTK-3rd graders created their works on paper using black Sharpies of different thicknesses.

 I am excited to see their works at bus stops around the city in August! 

5th graders also received their back pack name tags they had designed - I have been printing these for 150+ hours and was happy to give it to my students! 

          It’s been really nice to see them walk in school with these hanging off their backpacks!


 
 




This is my last blog of the school year - have a great summer everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of 8/12/2024 - First week back

Welcome back!! We are off to a great start with 2nd-5th graders creating their collaborative artwork the first week of school! Students look...