Monday, February 19, 2024

Week of 2/12/24 - 4th and 5th graders - Part 1

 4th and 5th graders returned this week!

4th graders completed their weaving artworks we started last rotation. I gave them the option to use plastic needles to complete works which several students gladly used, It was also nice to see them help each other create knots to add new pieces of yarn to continue work.


5th graders created clay coil + pinch pots! This is the first time I am trying out this project - I chose to have students first create a pinch pot after creating a sphere out of the clay I gave each of them. I reminded students to have damp hands using the spray bottles I had for them to share at each table so their clay wouldn't dry out. After creating a pinch pot, students used the small chunks of clay I had at every table to create a small sphere and roll it with their fingers to create coils that they attached with the score and slip method to build layers. I gave students rulers to have them add coils so their final pots would be close to 6 inches tall. Students added textures to the pinch pot part and left their coils blank. They wrote their name and room # with a pencil to complete their work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of 8/12/2024 - First week back

Welcome back!! We are off to a great start with 2nd-5th graders creating their collaborative artwork the first week of school! Students look...