Thursday, November 24, 2022

Week of 10/24/2022- Postage stamps and Mary Blair inspired castles

The 2nd and 3rd graders returned for another rotation this week!

2nd grade students created castles inspired by artist Mary Blair. We looked at her design for "It's a small world" ride and had a class discussion about what students noticed and wondered. I love that students look at my word wall and visual supports to incorporate academic vocabulary. I also read the book "Mary Blair's unique flair that talks about her brilliance and her journey in becoming the artist.

Students combined geometric and organic shapes and glued them to create castles. They also added patterns to the shapes and added. They added doors and windows and also had the option to add stars/ snowflakes and flags. I love how the metallic colors look against the black paper!




3rd graders returned to finish their postage stamps. They added their country, currency and value of their stamp with black Sharpie. I had them bring their Chromebooks so I could teach them how to take a photo of their works and upload them on to my art Google Classroom. They also had the option to record a video on Flipgrid to tell me about their work!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of 8/12/2024 - First week back

Welcome back!! We are off to a great start with 2nd-5th graders creating their collaborative artwork the first week of school! Students look...