Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Week of 5/22/2022 - 5th grade legacy mural

This week our 5th graders painted their legacy mural - we used flora from around campus as inspiration. Digital drawings were made, selected, reorganized by 5th graders and final design was voted on by 5th grade students and staff. We had a total of 15 flowers and a positive quote - "Every flower blooms at it's own pace".

I used a projector to draw the image on the wall with a thick marker and added dots so I could assign students to different areas of the wall. I had one 5th grade class paint each day for 20-25 minutes in groups of 6. I demonstrated the different steps to every group including safety procedures, using the paint brushes, how to make sure they paint a small area at a time instead of getting a large space done.  

It was great to see the progression made each day and how the artwork came together!  

This was my first mural with my students and I am so happy at how it turned out. Here are some photos :)


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Weeks 9/2/2024 and 9/9/2024 - 4th and 5th grades

 4th and 5th grades had their 1st art rotation this week! 4th graders looked at the works of artist Jaume Plensa and engaged in a turn and t...